System & Security Engineer
The System & Security Engineer (SSE) is responsible for research, development, implementation, and support for
operational technology capabilities used internally as well as for client solution delivery. The SSE will provide system
support and automation solutions to support and secure Teqworks internal systems, as well as ensuring standardized
solutions are selected and effectively implemented, maintained, and operational. The SSE will receive requests from
Solution Support Team (Solution Support Manager) to develop and implement automation solutions.
This position reports directly to the Security Manager and Chief Solution Architect.
- Monitor and maintain internal Teqworks technology solutions, including servers, line-of-business software, and
- Research and provide recommendations for internal Teqworks system improvements and perform upgrades as
- Interface with and coordinate all interaction between Teqworks and Managed Detection & Response and
Security Operation Center provider.
- Implement all Advanced Threat Protection solutions for subscribing clients.
- Develop, test, and deploy scripts and monitors to automate recurring issues.
- Provide input into tool selection and modification in support of Solution Support team (e.g. Labtech and
- Assist Solution Delivery on scoping and planning of deployment projects.
- Contribute to Teqworks standard processes for Solution Support team.
- Document solutions to be shared with team through Solution Support Knowledgebase.
- Stay current with technology and achieve certification through continuing education when possible.
- Demonstrate expertise and proficiency in developing scripts, monitors, and applications in support for Solution
- Demonstrate proficiency in supporting internal network infrastructure and capabilities, including security,
advanced networking, backup and disaster recovery, and general maintenance of all internal systems.
- Provide instruction for use of support tools to other team members.
- Understand and apply concepts for network security and next generation threat protection.
- Obtain at least one active certification as determined by training plan and needs identified by Chief solution
- Communicate clearly and timely with all levels of Solution Support Team.
- Describe and document standard Teqworks processes for solution implementation.
- Document solutions to be shared with team through Solution Support Knowledgebase